So the kids have developed this fear of anything that flies around outside. That includes wasps, bees, mosquitoes and dragon flies. All of which I am fine with them being afraid of, I am and all of those can do some damage to you in one way or another. However, when they were afraid of a fly that got into our house, I drew the line. Flies don't hurt you and you shouldn't run screaming from the room when one appears. So Kevin and I named him Ronnie and he is now our pet.
Shelby and Lincoln say good morning to him and watch him fly around and land on things. Lincoln tells Ronnie to go away when he is flying by his ear and Shelby saw Ronnie at IHOP tonight while we were waiting for our food. Apparently we took him with us without even knowing it. :)
This has solved the screaming about flies but now presents other problems we didn't see coming...
1. Shelby was upset that we didn't take Ronnie home with us from IHOP
2. Shelby wants Ronnie to sleep in her room at night (ever try to round up a fly?)
3. I don't think I can swat it with a fly swatter while they are around.....
Oh Ronnie
2 comments:
That is hilarious. you've got some great stories to share!
Hilarious!! Carson woke up this morning cranky and apparently scared of flies too. He screamed and cried everytime it landed on his head at breakfast. Let me know if you ever need a back up Ronnie...we have plenty!
Post a Comment