1/21/11

Pink Eye

So this morning I loaded up all three kids and we went to the doctor. I was going to have them check out Hudson and Lincoln who have been congested and having yellow stuff coming out of their eyes. Thought it was probably pink eye and wanted the drops before Kevin and I get it. :) We got checked in and into a room and I look into Shelby's eyes and the are bright red. NIce. The doctor came in and briefly looked at each of them and gave me two sample bottles of eye drops. They all three have pink eye and Hudson has an ear infection. So I get to hold down three of them one at a time kicking and screaming, trap their hands (which I swear multiply when you are trying keep them from swinging at you), pry their eyelids off their pink eyeballs and dispense one drop into each three times a day, plus four ear drops into Hudson's ear four times a day and two breathing treatments a day. There is a reason why I decided to be a teacher not a nurse or anything medical. I know it could be a lot worse and I am thankful that they are so healthy. I really don't mind that much except those of you that know me well know that I sweat just thinking about sweating and apparently I have passed this trait onto my kids. So to trap these little guys and wrestle drops into them or hold a screaming Hudson down for ten minutes at a time for a treatment means we are all sweating and exhausted at the end of it. Oh the joys of motherhood.

1 comment:

jbreeden said...

Oh man I can only imagine your pain since it's hard to even do it with 1, let alone 3!